- RSS Channel Showcase 4850812
- RSS Channel Showcase 9520451
- RSS Channel Showcase 7550994
- RSS Channel Showcase 4062648
Articles on this Page
- 07/27/18--03:28: _Two CD-ROM drives c...
- 07/30/18--19:26: _Light painting rig ...
- 07/30/18--19:30: _Ceiling-mounted cab...
- 07/31/18--03:28: _Stop motion short f...
- 08/01/18--19:28: _Ingenious marble cl...
- 08/02/18--19:28: _A time-telling web ...
- 08/06/18--11:28: _Develophead takes (...
- 08/06/18--19:28: _Generating waves wi...
- 08/07/18--03:28: _Notable Board Books...
- 08/07/18--21:10: _Automate motor wind...
- 08/08/18--03:28: _Feed Barbie with th...
- 08/09/18--11:28: _Check the weather o...
- 08/13/18--11:28: _Electric-powered fa...
- 08/14/18--17:42: _Monopoly transforme...
- 08/14/18--19:28: _Thomas the Tank Eng...
- 08/16/18--11:28: _An Arduino-controll...
- 07/27/18--03:28: Two CD-ROM drives combined into fledging drawbot
- 07/30/18--19:26: Light painting rig is a masterpiece of artistic hardware hacking
- 07/30/18--19:30: Ceiling-mounted cable robot with Arduino Mega
- 07/31/18--03:28: Stop motion short filmed with the help of Arduino
- 08/01/18--19:28: Ingenious marble clock runs on Arduino
- 08/02/18--19:28: A time-telling web powered by Arduino
- 08/06/18--11:28: Develophead takes (some) of the work out of film photography
- 08/06/18--19:28: Generating waves with Arduino
- 08/07/18--03:28: Notable Board Books are an Arduino-powered way to enjoy music
- 08/07/18--21:10: Automate motor winding with Arduino
- 08/08/18--03:28: Feed Barbie with the J’ai faim! mechatronic game
- 08/09/18--11:28: Check the weather on this Arduino-controlled split-flap display
- 08/13/18--11:28: Electric-powered fan rocket takes off and lands(?) vertically
- 08/14/18--17:42: Monopoly transformed into the world of Skyrim with LEDs and Arduino
- 08/14/18--19:28: Thomas the Tank Engine turned into a karaoke robot
- 08/16/18--11:28: An Arduino-controlled turntable for 3D scanning
Even if you don’t have access to fancy tools like a 3D printer or CNC router, that doesn’t mean you can’t make something interesting. James, using only a “hot glue gun, some scissors, and a screwdriver,” was able to construct a rudimentary drawing robot that marks paper with a sharpie. Two CD drives were creatively modified […]
Light painting is an art form where dark areas are selectively lit to form interesting effects. While normally a manual operation, Josh Sheldon has come up with a rig to automate and enhance the process. The results are nothing short of spectacular, producing not static images, but astonishing animated light displays. His device resembles a 3D printer […]
Cable-based robots are a common sight at sporting events as remote camera operators, but what about one for your living room? As spotted on Reddit, Nathaniel Nifong decided there was no reason not to have one of these devices, and made his own personal Skycam-like robot. The system uses four servo motors to wind cables […]
One can imagine that making a stop motion animation film is a lot of work, but if you’ve ever wondered what one involves, James Wilkinson decided to document the process of making Billy Whiskers: The Mystery of the Misplaced Trowel. The main character of this film is a mystery-solving feline, who is animated with the […]
Arduino boards and custom clock builds seem to be a great match, as illustrated by Görkem Bozkurt’s recent project. His 3D-printed marble clock uses a stepper-driven gear mechanism to lift 11mm steel spheres to the device’s top chute. The spheres then roll down to a five-minute rail, which empties when filled and transfers a single […]
Flament bulbs, commonly known as Edison bulbs, contain a variety of interesting LED lights. So interesting, in fact, that maker Andy Pugh decided to take these individual components up and turn them into a 7-segment display clock. While making a clock isn’t an uncommon hacker pursuit, this Arduino-controlled device uses a series of wires to […]
Today, if you take a photograph, more than likely it’s digital. This presents many advantages over its film counterpart, but many serious photographers still use the format in order to produce just the right effect. Pablo Zárate is one such photographer, and combined this passion with Arduino and 3D printing knowledge to produce the “Develophead.” […]
Need a wave generator to test out your latest boat, barge, or submarine design, but can’t quite afford one? If so, then you might consider Subham Bhatt’s DIY tank that he was able to construct for around $ 1,200 USD. Bhatt’s device features a pair of stepper motors and lead screws that push a stainless […]
Annelle Rigsby found that her mother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s, is delighted to hear familiar songs. While Annelle can’t always be there to help her enjoy music, she and her husband Mike came up with what they call the Notable Board Book that automatically plays tunes. The book itself is well laid-out, with song text and […]
When you want to make a mobile robot, DC motors can be a great choice. We normally accept that they can be purchased for a few dollars each, but what if you want to make your own? In order to assist with the winding process for a self-built—or at least self-wound—motor, Mr. Innovative created an… […]
According to this project’s write-up, while some struggle to get enough nourishment, those in more developed countries often aspire to consume too little food. As an apparent commentary on this situation, Niklas Roy and Kati Hyyppä have created a mechatronic game called J’ai faim!, French for “I’m hungry!” In this Arduino-controlled game, participants rotate a […]
Split-flap displays show information using characters changed by an electric motor. While they’ve largely been replaced by more modern means, hobbyists like “gabbapeople” have been keeping this this technique alive, in this case as a four-character IoT weather display. The device is built using laser-cut plexiglass, and uses four individual servos to actuate the character […]
Does a rocket need to use a certain type of fuel, or even be capable of spaceflight? While James Bruton’s build might not fit everyone’s definition of this type of craft because of its electric ducted fan (EDF) propulsion, it does face the same major challenge of controlling a tall pipe-like structure from thrust coming […]
While “Boardwalk” and “Park Place” may not mean anything to you outside of the game of Monopoly, there is a plethora of custom versions to suit your particular interest. If you enjoy the world of Skyrim, then you need to check out this board by Charles Ledford. The build features an anodized aluminum playfield coated in […]
When Hunter Irving spotted a knockoff Thomas the Tank Engine toy at a thrift store, he simply had to buy it, telling himself that he’d turn it into an animatronic contraption at some point. While these kind of promises often go unfulfilled, Irving converted it into an egg-shaped, karaoke-singing robot, with a mouth and eyes […]
Many DSLR cameras can be operated with a simple infrared signal, making them perfect targets for Arduino control. Travis Antoniello took advantage of this with his brilliantly simple 3D scanning rig. Electronics are handled by an Arduino Uno, which commands a stepper motor to rotate a scanning platform 10 degrees per photo. After rotation, it […]